January 26, 2018
The Club is now hiring for the following positions:
Sous Chef (Full-Time)
The Sous Chef has overall responsibility for assisting the Executive Chef with management of the kitchen operations and supervision of team members. Incumbent must utilize available resources to provide excellent Guest Satisfaction. The Sous Chef will meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and include weekends and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all kitchen team members
- Plan food items and meals for various member functions while following proper food handling and safety guidelines
- Assist the Executive Chef in managing inventory, ordering and receiving of all Food & Beverage items
- Monitor and enforce all safety procedures
- Minimum 4 years experience in culinary field or any similar combination of educational and experience. Supervisory experience a must.
- Knowledge of safety programs and regulations
- Read, write, and speak English fluently. Spanlish skills helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and email
- Able work work with little or no supervision
Head Swim Coach (Seasonal)
The Head Swim Coach coaches our team of 200+ swimmers from Mid-May to the end of July. Coaching Duties include maintaining and enhancing our swim team, teaching swim lessons, and if they would like introduce a master swimming program to the Club. The Head Coach will inspire and motivate our Members while building a close-knit community. They will create a fun, engaging, and safe environment for all swimmers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be self motivated
- Know how to use Aquatics-specific software (Meet/Team Manager)
- Plan social activities
- Hire and manage Assistant Coaches for Summer League
- Have expansive knowledge of swimming and be able to coach all abilities and ages
- Attend league meetings and committee meetings
- Minimum 3 years experience as a swim coach or Teacher
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Extensive knowledge in Swimming technique
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and energetic attiude
- Work well in a high stress environment and be flexible on a moments notice
- Demonstrate maturity and integrity while performing work duties
- Above average physical stamina and swimming experience is desired in order to perform job and training Duties
The Bartender is responsible for providing the highest quality of beverage production and service to our members and guests. In addition to supporting all club venues, event and fellow team members in delivering quality beverages and services, the Bartender maintains the bar, bar service areas and related storerooms in a neat, organized and secure manner. Must follow the proper procedures for stocking, cleaning and ensuring opening/closing duties are performed to ensure bar readiness at all times.
- Must possess a strong service background with previous F&B experience required.
- 2 to 3 years experience preferred in a fine dining or private club environment.
- CA Food Handler card
- Flexible schedule, ability to work weekends, holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with classic cocktail recipes.
Servers (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Servers are responsible for Member/guest satisfaction by providing excellent food and beverage service. Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the menu is mandatory. Accurately execute Member/guest orders and requests in a timely fashion. Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team. Server must possess clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer and wines available by the Club.
- Strong service background with previous F&B experience required.
- 2-3 years previous experience preferred in a fine dining or private club environment.
- CA Food Handler card.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work weekends, holidays
Golf Outside Service (Full-Time)
Outside Service Staff are service oriented, well-groomed with an upbeat & pleasant personality. Assisting members with golf bags and moving Golf Carts. Work days include weekdays and some weekends with opening shifts starting at 6:30am and closing shifts ending at 7:30pm.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Clubhouse Keeper (Full-Time)
Clubhouse keepers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the clubhouse while minimizing the impact on member experience. Work cooperatively with other team players and rearrange Clubhouse furniture on a needed basis with safety in mind. Prepare rooms for banquets and other events.
- Communication skills using spoken words.
- Able to carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
Dishwashers are responsible for general and specific cleaning tasks in the kitchen areas including: Transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide the kitchen staff with appropriate equipment.
- Knowledge of safe chemical equipment handling
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Frequent physical activities like reaching, bending, and standing for long periods of time
Utilizes approved food production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and portion control while keeping compliant with all food safety requirements by the Health Department.
- A strong passion and motivation to create great food
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- A Culinary degree or at least 3 years working in a high volume restaurant kitchen
Please email resumes to email@example.com. Attention to Paul Chin,