This senior level position reports to the General Manager, works closely with the
Club’s Business Office staff and collaborates with Management to ensure
maintaining the atmosphere of an exclusive private Club and high standards
throughout the operation are being achieved.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Process the semi-monthly payroll processing
and recording of employees’ time clock activity.
- Negotiate and administer employee benefits
including health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance and pension
plan to provide maximum possible benefits for employees.
- Oversees Workers’ Compensation claims and
- Administer 401k plan and ensure compliance.
- Maintains OSHA related logs/reports and implements
workplace safety requirements per OSHA; oversees and coordinates Safety
- Manage the annual renewal of the employee
benefit plans and the Open Enrollment period for the staff.
- Coordinate and control HR transitions
including employee files, payroll, and employee benefits, terminations, Cobra
and all setup required.
- Supervise the staffing, training and
professional development of the department’s team members including proper
onboarding of staff.
and places recruitment ads; plans recruitment strategies; screens
applicants and makes hiring recommendations.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook keeping it up
to date with the Club’s policies and procedures as established and changes in
federal, state and local legislation.
- Attend monthly Board meetings as needed and be
prepared to discuss Human Resources issues and the needs of the Club.
- Conducts and reviews wage and benefit
surveys with other local Clubs; proposes employee benefits enhancements to
the General Manager.
- Keeps abreast of laws and regulations
relating to employees; assures compliance with these laws and regulations;
advises Managers as necessary.
- Provides support and counsel (written and
verbal) to the leadership team on employee disciplinary meetings,
investigations, complaints, and terminations including communication to subordinates.
- Provides general property orientation for
new employees; assists in the development and implementation of
inter-department orientation and training programs.
- Benchmarks the Club’s employee
recruitment and selection processes with other local Clubs and employs new
strategies as appropriate.
- Establishes team building events,
motivational techniques, employee motivation and retention programs.
- Works with the Events Coordinator on
organizing employee activities such as the holiday party, employee
recognition functions and other outings as appropriate.
- Investigates employee violations of Club
policies and recommends necessary corrective actions and counsel/coaching.
- Provides recommendations relative to staff
continuing education via industry consultants (management training, service
training, teambuilding, compliance, etc.)
- Coordinate and facilitate Club-wide
performance review process including training managers on proper review
techniques to include a performance bonus management program.
- Negotiate and evaluate outside IT contractors
to maintain our server email security cameras and other IT services.
- Maintain the Jonas Club Software by installing
updates, both major and minor; disseminate information on new features to
- Provide oversight for electronic equipment and
scheduling replacements on a regular basis to keep all software functioning at
a high level.
- Respond to questions and assist employees
regarding their software, hardware and telephones and maintains system (RingCentral).
- Deal with minor network operational
emergencies and arrange for larger issues to be handled by our outside
- Ensure employees are granted the correct
permissions in the Jonas Software in order to be able to execute their tasks.
- Assist Department Heads with learning about
new ways they can use applicable software to enhance their operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or
related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in Human
- Professional Human Resources
Certificate/Senior Professional Human Resources Certificate.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish very desirable
- Ability to work with and communicate
effectively with other departments.
- Able to take ownership and resolve challenging
situations with good judgment to know when to appropriately escalate matters as
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly focused attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, credibility and
customer service orientation.
- Excellent problem solving, time management,
reporting, data analysis/interpretation and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a
- Ability to understand and explain complex
policies and guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and
assignments, and to quickly adapt to unfamiliar tasks for appropriate decision
making, especially in the area of process improvements.
- Competitive salary based on experience ($130K
- 401k (6% employer match with no vesting
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (85%
- Life insurance, LTD and AD&D
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Provided lunch
- Bridge toll reimbursement (if applicable)
- Paid professional association dues /
- Holiday bonus
email resume and cover letter to:
O’Neil, General Manager